Hispanic Entertainment Market Research
What drives Hispanic 'Likes' in Movies, TV, Video Games, and more?
Hollywood has realized over the past decade that to make a blockbuster, the Hispanic movie-goer is absolutely crucial. Other verticals within the Entertainment industry are following suit as well.
- OYE 2016 analysis discovered that House of Cards was the most mentioned Netflix show in total volume but had a smaller proportion of Hispanic mentions (12%) while Narcos had 22% and Orange is the New Black held 15% Hispanic mentions respectively.
- Among the top 3 grossing movies through November 2015, Hispanics in both English and Spanish mentioned Furious 7 more than Avengers: Age of Ultron and Jurassic World. For bilingual Hispanics, Avengers: Age of Ultron was top choice.
- 2015 OYE! data shows that Selena Gomez was the most mentioned artist among Hispanics with 29% of the total conversation. 14% of the time fans expressed their admiration for the singer, mentioning their “love” for her.
- In the same 2015 report, Nintendo was the most mentioned game console with 61% of the conversation. Games associated with the Mario Brothers franchise propelled over 18% of Nintendo conversation. Xbox was the next highest discussed console with 21% of the conversation, while PlayStation owned 18% of total conversation.
- The Call of Duty video game was the most mentioned video game with 30% of the Hispanic total conversation, of which 28% of the conversation was sparked by the version Black Ops III. Hispanics also mentioned the version Advance Warfare 6% of the time.
Do Multicultural Consumers Really Like the Kardashians? Proj...
Incredibles 2 - Multicultural Online Conversation Analysis P...