Hispanic Financial Services Market Research
In a World of Financial Services Options - How do Brands cut through the Noise with Hispanics
The financial services world is pushing further each day into additional technology services. Hispanics are well positioned for this transition as 69% of them use mobile banking services, outpacing all ethnic groups.
- 2015 OYE! data shows that 82% of Hispanic content in the life insurance space was in English. It was noted that Hispanics tend to use Spanish more frequently when they generate content themselves as opposed to responding to content published by brands in English.
- The 35-44 age demographic is the highest engaged group in the financial services industry, but as the demographics trend to the younger age groups, Hispanic females are more heavily engaged in the conversation.
- From the same analysis, conversation spikes were found to exist around Hispanic Awareness Month and during campaigns designed to deliver Hispanic engagement. Pockets of low engagement present opportunities for brands to engage Hispanics in differentiated ways.
- In a 2016 OYE! Hispanic Home Buyer study, it was found that amenities of a home were of increased importance for Spanish-speakers while Bathrooms in a home were discussed more often by English-speakers.
- From the same home buying report it was revealed that Realtor.com was the most used website for U.S. Hispanics throughout the home buying process.