Hispanic Entertainment Market Research
What drives Hispanic 'Likes' in Movies, TV, Video Games, and more?
Hollywood has realized over the past decade that to make a blockbuster, the Hispanic movie-goer is absolutely crucial. Other verticals within the Entertainment industry are following suit as well.
- OYE 2016 analysis discovered that House of Cards was the most mentioned Netflix show in total volume but had a smaller proportion of Hispanic mentions (12%) while Narcos had 22% and Orange is the New Black held 15% Hispanic mentions respectively.
- Among the top 3 grossing movies through November 2015, Hispanics in both English and Spanish mentioned Furious 7 more than Avengers: Age of Ultron and Jurassic World. For bilingual Hispanics, Avengers: Age of Ultron was top choice.
- 2015 OYE! data shows that Selena Gomez was the most mentioned artist among Hispanics with 29% of the total conversation. 14% of the time fans expressed their admiration for the singer, mentioning their “love” for her.
- In the same 2015 report, Nintendo was the most mentioned game console with 61% of the conversation. Games associated with the Mario Brothers franchise propelled over 18% of Nintendo conversation. Xbox was the next highest discussed console with 21% of the conversation, while PlayStation owned 18% of total conversation.
- The Call of Duty video game was the most mentioned video game with 30% of the Hispanic total conversation, of which 28% of the conversation was sparked by the version Black Ops III. Hispanics also mentioned the version Advance Warfare 6% of the time.
2018 SXSW Online Conversation Analysis Project Description I...
Marvel's Black Panther Online Conversation Analysis Project ...
Super Bowl LII Hispanic Brand Preferences Online Conversatio...
60th Annual Grammy Awards Online Conversation Analysis Proje...